QUOTES BY TOPIC : BEAUTY

11:29 | ,



CHESS QUOTES BY TOPIC
BEAUTY


When I found that idea I simply couldn’t resist playing it. And look, people talk about me as a player who doesn’t care about beauty. That’s not true. It’s simply that during the game each person sees beauty in different things. I like the beauty of the endgame, but I also get pleasure from finding ideas like those against Grischuk.
(on his game vs. Grischuk at the Tal Memorial 2012)---Magnus Carlsen---
I am both sad and pleased that in his last tournament, Rashid Gibiatovich came to my home in Latvia. He did not take first place, but the prize for beauty, as always, he took with him. Players die, tournaments are forgotten, but the works of great artists are left behind them to live on forever.
(on Nezhmetdinov) ---Mikhail Tal---
The beauty of a move lies not in its appearance but in the thought behind it.
---Aaron Nimzowitsch---
"Oh! this opponent, this collaborator against his will, whose notion of Beauty always differs from yours and whose means (strength, imagination, technique) are often too limited to help you effectively! What torment, to have your thinking and your fantasy tied down by another person!"
---Alexander Alekhine---
I cannot think that a player genuinely loving the game can get pleasure just from the number of points scored no matter how impressive the total. I will not speak of myself, but for the masters of the older generation, from whose games we learned, the aesthetic side was the most important.
---Alexander Kotov---
Without error there can be no brilliancy.
---Emanuel Lasker---
I believe in magic ... There is magic in the creative faculty such as great poets and philosophers conspicuously possess, and equally in the creative chessmaster.
---Emanuel Lasker---
The hallmark of the artist is simplicity.
---Larry Evans---
The Chess pieces are the block alphabet which shapes thoughts; and these thoughts, although making a visual design on the chessboard, express their beauty abstractly, like a poem.
---Marcel Duchamp---
Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment